Freqently Asked Questions
Q: How easy is it to use REVITIVE Circulation Booster?
A: REVITIVE Circulation Booster has been specifically designed to be used by people of all ages in the comfort of your own home. The easy to read manual, as well as the remote control makes the device very simple to operate and easy to use. Place both bare feet on the foot-pads, switch on the device, and gradually increase the intensity until you can feel or see the muscles in your calves contract and relax. Ensure you familiarise yourself with the sensation of Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS).
Q: Do you stand or sit to use the REVITIVE Circulation Booster?
A: Do not stand on the machine. Use only when sitting down. Place your bare feet on the foot pads. Use the remote control or the buttons on the device to switch it on and begin the programme. You can then increase the intensity to the desired level. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
Q: How far up the leg will the benefits extend?
A: REVITIVE Circulation Booster helps increase circulation throughout the lower legs, ankles and feet.
Q: Do I have to use it every day?
A: We recommend using REVITIVE Circulation Booster for 30 minutes as part of your daily routine. We promise you that REVITIVE is easy and enjoyable to incorporate into everyday life. Sit back, relax and enjoy REVITIVE Circulation Booster while reading, watching the TV or simply having a cup of tea.
Q: I exercise regularly. Do I still need to use the REVITIVE Circulation Booster?
A: Exercise is important and REVITIVE Circulation Booster is not designed to replace exercise. Research has shown that compared to 20 minutes of heel toe raising exercises, REVITIVE Circulation Booster was at least or even more efficient at resolving swelling and circulation.
Q: How heavy and big is it?
A: All REVITIVE Circulation Booster devices are designed to be portable, lightweight and easy to store. You can compare the width to a large dinner plate or a 12 inch record. The average weight is 1.5kg.
Q: Is it battery or mains operated?
A: The REVITIVE Medic is battery operated. Each remote control produced is battery operated and includes batteries. All other REVITIVE Circulation Booster models are mains operated.
Q: Does REVITIVE Circulation Booster make a noise?
A: REVITIVE Circulation Booster makes no operating noise. However it does beep at switch on and switch off, one beep at the start and three beeps at the end.
Q: Does REVITIVE Circulation Booster heat up?
A: No. However, increasing blood circulation will naturally increase foot temperature, helping cold feet.
Q: I have placed my feet on the REVITIVE Pharma device but am unable to see the TENS symbol on the display?
A: TENS is only available through the Pain Relief Pads/Body Pads. The foot-pads provide EMS only.
Q: I am unsure of which therapy mode I am using when using the Pain Relief Pads/Body Pads with REVITIVE Pharma?
A: Look at the display on the device. If the Body Pads are in EMS mode, you will see the EMS symbol . If the Body Pads are in TENS mode, you will see the TENS symbol
Q: I suddenly can’t feel stimulation when using the Pain Relief Pads/Body Pads with REVITIVE Pharma?
A: You may have pressed the other stimulation mode button by accident. The Solution: Pressing the opposite stimulation mode button (i.e. pressing the TENS button when already in EMS mode or vice versa), will reset the timer back to 30 minutes. The intensity will also be reset to zero.
Q: Who can’t use REVITIVE Circulation Booster?
REVITIVE Circulation Booster should not be used by some people
Consult with your healthcare professional before use.
Do not use if:
- Fitted with an electronic implanted device such as a heart pacemaker or Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD)
- Being treated for, or have symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): such as pain, swelling and tenderness, heavy ache, warm or red skin in the leg
- You are pregnant
- Consult with your doctor before using this device if:
- You have an existing medical condition
- You have a history of heart problems
- You have had medical or physical treatment for your pain
- You have suspected or diagnosed heart disease
- You have suspected or diagnosed epilepsy
- You are unsure about the suitability of the REVITIVE Circulation Booster for you
- You are unsure about the cause of your symptoms
- If you have a metallic implant, you may experience pain or discomfort near the implant when applying electrical stimulation. If this should occur discontinue use and seek advice from your doctor
- The electrical stimulation may feel more intense close to a metallic implant. It is safe to continue use provided no pain is experienced. You may need to adjust the intensity to a comfortable level
- Do not use the Body Pads on your head, face, neck or chest
- Do not apply foot-pads or Body Pads directly:
- on open wounds or rashes, swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (such as phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, cellulitis)
- on or close to, malignant tumours
- on areas treated with radiotherapy (within the past 6 months)
- on reproductive organs
- Electrode Body Pads are for single person use only. Do not share body pads with others
- Do not use Body Pads in conjunction with a brace or cast without first consulting with your doctor
- Do not use Body Pads after their use by date
- There is a chance you may experience skin irritation or burns beneath the Body Pad Electrodes or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation
- Do not use the device:
- In the presence of electronic monitoring equipment
- Together with a life-supporting medical electronic device
- When you are in the bath or shower
- While you are sleeping
Warnings - EMS only
- Symptoms may worsen during the initial treatment phase before getting better. This may occur if the body has not yet adjusted to increased muscular activity and blood circulation. If this occurs, reduce the intensity and the duration of treatment which will reduce the initial symptoms. If symptoms persist consult with your doctor
Warnings - TENS only
- When using TENS do not apply to areas of skin that lack sensation
- Be careful when applying stimulation over areas of skin that lack normal sensation. It may cause skin irritation due to the inability to feel stimulation until the intensity is too high - use a low intensity to achieve a gentle muscle contraction, and/or use for a shorter time, to avoid overstimulation
- When using EMS be careful when applying stimulation:
- Over the abdomen during menstruation
- After recent surgical procedures (within the last six months) as stimulation may disrupt your healing process
- If your tissues are likely to bleed following an injury such as a muscle tear - it is recommended not to stimulate the immediate area within the first 12 hours after sustaining the injury. Use a low intensity and/or shorter time to avoid overstimulation
- After a long period of immobility or inactivity – use a low intensity and shorter time to avoid overstimulation or muscle fatigue. Look for signs of skin irritation (redness), bruising or pain. If in doubt, consult your doctor
- When using TENS:
- It is possible REVITIVE may reduce the sensation of pain that would normally act as a warning of an underlying problem
- If your pain does not improve, gets worse or continues for more than 5 days, stop using the device and seek advice from your doctor
- TENS is not effective in treating the original source or cause of pain
- The long term effects of electrical stimulation are unknown
- Electrical stimulation may not work for every user, please seek advice from your doctor
- This product is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety
- Do not stand on the machine. Use only when sitting down
- Use the device only for its intended purpose
- Do not expose the device to extreme heat
- Do not spill liquid on the device or its accessories
- Do not overload the electrical socket
- Keep out of the reach of children
- REVITIVE may be used by multiple persons. Ensure device is cleaned after each use
- Use REVITIVE only with the accessories supplied by, or purchased from, the manufacturer
- Check Body Pads, cords and cables periodically for damage
- Do not open REVITIVE Circulation Booster or repair it yourself. This will invalidate your warranty and may cause serious harm
- In the unlikely event your REVITIVE Circulation Booster malfunctions, disconnect it from the power source and contact your nearest authorised agent
- With the increased number of electronic devices such as personal computers and mobile (cellular) telephones, medical devices may be susceptible to electromagnetic interference from other devices. While the REVITIVE Circulation Booster has passed the required tests for Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), it may still be affected by excessive emissions and/or may interfere with more sensitive equipment
- It has been reported that some universal remote control devices (e.g. for TV etc.) can change the settings on REVITIVE Circulation Booster if used during a treatment. If this should occur, simply adjust the time or intensity settings on REVITIVE back to where you want them to be using the REVITIVE Remote Control, or using the device Control Panel
- After any exposure to hot or cold temperatures outside the specified operating range of 10 – 40°C allow the product to re-adjust to the recommended operating temperatures to ensure continued product performance
If you experience adverse reactions, stop using REVITIVE Circulation Booster and consult with your doctor