Freqently Asked Questions
Q: How easy is it to use REVITIVE?
A: REVITIVE has been specifically designed to be used by people of all ages in the comfort of your own home. The easy to read manual, as well as the remote control makes the device very simple to operate and easy to use. Simply turn it on, place both feet on the pads, sit back, relax and let the device go to work.
Q: Do you stand or sit to use the REVITIVE?
A: You use REVITIVE under your feet whilst sat down. Place the REVITIVE on the floor next to the chair in front of where you will sit. Sit on the chair and place your bare feet on the foot pads. Use the remote control (REVITIVE Medic and REVITIVE Advanced) or the buttons on the device to switch it on and begin the programme. You can then increase the intensity to the desired level. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
Q: How far up the leg will the benefits extend?
A: REVITIVE helps increase circulation throughout the lower legs, ankles and feet.
Q: Do I have to use it every day?
A: We recommend using REVITIVE for 30 minutes as part of your daily routine. We promise you that REVITIVE is easy and enjoyable to incorporate into everyday life. Sit back, relax and enjoy REVITIVE while reading, watching the TV or simply having a cup of tea.
Q: I exercise regularly, so I don’t think I need REVITIVE?
A: Exercise is important and REVITIVE is not designed to replace exercise. Research has shown that compared to 20 minutes of heel toe raising exercises, REVITIVE was at least or even more efficient at resolving swelling and circulation.
Q: How heavy and big is it?
A: All REVITIVE devices are designed to be portable, lightweight and easy to store. You can compare the width to a large dinner plate or a 12 inch record.
Q: Is it battery or mains operated?
A: The REVITIVE Medic is battery operated. Each remote control produced is battery operated and includes batteries. The REVITIVE Advanced, and all other REVITIVE models are mains operated.
Q: Does REVITIVE make a noise?
A: REVITIVE makes no operating noise. However it does beep at switch on and switch off, one beep at the start and three beeps at the end.
Q: Does REVITIVE heat up?
A: No. However, increasing blood circulation will naturally increase foot temperature, helping cold feet.
Q: Who can’t use REVITIVE?
A: REVITIVE should not be used by some people.
- Fitted with an electronic implanted device such as a heart pacemaker or Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD)
- Being treated for, or have the symptoms of, an existing Deep Vein Thrombosis (“DVT”)
If you have a history of heart problems, consult your doctor before using this device.
If you are unsure about the suitability of a REVITIVE Circulation Booster for you or unsure about the cause of your symptoms, you should consult with your doctor before use.
Do not use the body pads on your head, face, neck or chest.
- Do not apply foot pads or body pads directly:
- On open wounds or rashes, swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (such as phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, cellulitis)
- On or close to, malignant tumours
- On areas treated with radiotherapy (within the past 6 months)
- On reproductive organs
There is a chance you may experience skin irritation or burns beneath the stimulation electrodes or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation.
Be careful when applying stimulation:
- Over areas of skin that lack normal sensation - be careful not to overstimulate the area.
- Over the abdomen during menstruation.
- After recent surgical procedures as stimulation may disrupt your healing process.
- If you are likely to bleed internally, such as following an injury or fracture – use a low intensity and/or shorter time to avoid over-stimulation.
- After a long period of immobility or inactivity – use a low intensity and shorter time to avoid overstimulation or muscle fatigue.
Do not use body pads after their expiration date.
This product is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety.
If you experience adverse reactions, stop using your REVITIVE Circulation Booster and talk with your doctor.
Q: What is a Class IIa medical device?
A: Medical device classification is part of the European CE Mark certification that determines the device’s risk level. All CE marked devices are tested for their safety and performance under normal conditions of use. REVITIVE is a certified Class IIa medical device which means the device is low-medium risk.