How Can We Improve Our Circulation?
If you have symptoms of poorer circulation for the first time, such as pain in your legs or cold hands and feet, the first thing to do is visit your doctor for a check up.
If no medical problems are found, that would prevent you from exercising and changing your diet, there are some simple steps you can take to help improve your circulation:
Eat healthy food
REVITIVE Circulation Boosters are drug-free medical devices and use scientifically-tested Electrical Muscle Stimulation to help improve your circulation and reduce symptoms of poorer circulation.
Exercising is important to help maintain healthy circulation. Here we look at some easy ways to help improve circulation
- One of the simplest and best exercises for all ages
- Perfect for getting the leg muscles working, helping to pump blood through the veins and back to the heart
- Can be as simple as:
- Getting off the bus one stop earlier and walking the rest of the way
- Walking to the shops rather than taking the car
- Taking stairs rather than the lift or escalator
- Start with short walks 2 to 3 times per week, then build up as you get fitter, ideally doing some walking each day
- The ideal exercise in many ways – swimming gets your heart, lungs and muscles working, yet puts no load on your joints
- Can be as gentle or energetic as you want
- Again, start by swimming perhaps once a week, then build up as you get fitter.
Combining swimming with other exercise, such as walking, helps to exercise different muscle groups, especially the leg muscles, which act as that "second heart", pumping blood back up to the (first!) heart.
- Great for getting blood pumping again when you feel numbness, tingling or pain in your feet or legs
- When you are sitting at home such as when you are watching the television
- When you are out and about, on the bus or while you are waiting for an appointment
- A perfect way to ease yourself back into being more active and improving your circulation
It can be a struggle to incorporate exercise in your daily routine, especially when the weather is bad. The Revitive Circulation Booster has been developed to improve circulation, helping to activate the muscles in your feet and lower legs, to increase blood circulation. Revitive can be used from the comfort of your home, while you are sitting reading, working on the computer or watching TV.
Add foods that improve circulation into your diet
Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet is one of the most important things that we can do to help our circulation. This includes drinking plenty of water and eating recommended amounts of fruit, vegetables and wholegrain foods. The following foods in particular are said to have ‘circulation-boosting’ properties:
- Dark Chocolate
- Cayenne Pepper
- Sunflower Seeds
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Goji Berries
- Pink Grapefruit