Q: How long does it usually take to experience relief?
A: For most people, it takes a few weeks of daily usage of Revitive, before they start to feel the benefit. Some people start to see an improvement after only a few days, for others it may take 6-8 weeks, especially if they have been suffering for many years. Everyone's different and that's why, when you buy directly (either from the call center or from this website) we include a 60-day (8 weeks) trial period, so everyone has a chance to feel the Revitive benefit.
Q: What makes Osteoarthritis-Knee different to other Revitive devices?
A: Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee includes two pairs of large Revitive Thigh Pads, which are used in "Arthritis Mode" (which is unique to the Osteoarthritis-Knee device). The Arthritis mode applied via the Thigh Pads strengthens the thigh muscles that support the knee - helping to reduce stress on the knee and relieve pain.
Q: What is the DualAction technology?
A: It is DualAction because it provides relief in two ways: from the feet up (via footpads) and the thigh down (via the Revitive Thigh Pads, in "Arthritis Mode") for better management of symptoms related to knee osteoarthritis.
Q: How long does it usually take to experience relief?
A: For most people it takes several weeks of daily usage of Revitive, before they start to feel the benefit, however for some people it may take 6-8 weeks, especially if they have been suffering for many years. Everyone's different and that's why, when you buy directly, we include a 60-day (8 week) trial period, so everyone has a chance to feel the Revitive benefit. Purchases of Osteoarthritis-Knee are covered by 60 day money back trial.
Q: How easy is it to use Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee?
A: Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee has been specifically designed to be used in the comfort of your own home. The easy-to-read manual, as well as the remote control and simple-to-apply Revitive Thigh Pads make the device very easy to use. Simply turn it on and then either place both feet on the Revitive or apply the thigh pads, adjust the intensity (see manual for more detail) and then sit back, relax and let the device go to work.
Q: Do you stand or sit to use the Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee foot-pads?
A: Do not stand on the machine. Use only when sitting down. Place your bare feet on the foot pads if using the device for stimulation from the feet up. Use the remote control or the buttons on the device to switch it on and begin the programme. You can then increase the intensity to the desired level. The Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee foot-pads are recommended to be used for 20-30 minutes each day. It can be used up to 6 times ie. a maximum of 3 hours per day. Note: The foot-pads will not produce a stimulation if the Thigh Pads are plugged in.
Q: Do you stand or sit to use the Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee Thigh Pads?
A: The Revitive Thigh Pads are designed to be used whilst seated. Place one Thigh Pad across your thigh, a few centimetres away from your groin area, and place the second Thigh Pad, on the same thigh, a few centimetres from the top of your kneecap. Use the remote control or the buttons on the device to switch it on and begin the programme. Increase the intensity to the desired level. It is recommended that the Thigh Pads be used on the affected leg (knee) for 20 minutes, once a day, 5 days a week. Find a routine that words for you, perhaps using the Thigh Pads on Monday to Friday and not at the weekend. In total do not use Revitive for more than 6 sessions of 30 minutes (or the equivalent) per day. This may result in muscle fatigue. Note: The Thigh Pads cannot be used at the same time as the foot-pads. Using the Thigh Pads will automatically turn the foot-pads off.
Q: Can I use the Thigh Pads and the foot-pads at the same time?
A: No, you can only do one at a time, as you need to target different areas & muscle-groups with the foot-pad treatment and with the Thigh Pads treatment.
Q: Can you use the standard Revitive Body Pads with the Osteoarthritis-Knee device?
A: No. Only Thigh Pads can be used with Osteoarthritis-Knee device. The unique 10/50 second regime is only suitable for thigh-muscle strengthening, and will not work on any other body areas.
Q: Do I have to use the Revitive Thigh Pads with Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee every day?
A: We recommend using Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee Thigh Pads for 20 minutes, once a day, 5 days a week. Find a routine that words for you, perhaps using the Thigh Pads on Monday to Friday and not at the weekend. In total do not use Revitive for more than 6 sessions of 30 minutes (or the equivalent) per day. This may result in muscle fatigue.
Q: Why can’t I feel the stimulation in my thighs, while using the Revitive Thigh Pads?
A: The therapy has started and has reached the rest period. You will need to wait for up to 50 seconds before the stimulation will start again. Useful information on adjusting the intensity level: At the start of the therapy there will be 30 seconds of stimulation to help you set the right intensity level. This is followed by a rest period of 30 seconds when you will feel no stimulation. For the remainder of the therapy session you will feel 10 seconds of stimulation, followed by a 50-second rest period which repeats until the end of the therapy. Adjust the intensity when you can feel the stimulation being applied to your thigh. It is not possible to adjust the intensity during the rest period.
Q: Can I use the Thigh Pads on other parts of the body?
A: The Thigh Pads are only suitable for use with the Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee device and will not be effective for any other areas of the body.
Q: Is there anyone who cannot use Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee?
A: Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee should not be used by some people
Do not use if:
• Fitted with an electronic implanted device such as a heart pacemaker or Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD).
• Being treated for, or have symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): such as pain, swelling and tenderness, heavy ache, warm or red skin in the leg.
• You are pregnant.
Consult with your healthcare professional before use.
Consult with your doctor before using this device if:
• You have an existing medical condition.
• You have a history of heart problems.
• You have suspected or diagnosed epilepsy.
• You are unsure about the suitability of Revitive for you.
• You are unsure about the cause of your symptoms.
If you have a metallic implant, you may experience pain or discomfort near the implant when applying electrical stimulation. If this should occur discontinue use and seek advice from your doctor.
The electrical stimulation may feel more intense close to a metallic implant. It is safe to continue use provided no pain is experienced. You may need to adjust the intensity to a comfortable level.
If your Osteoarthritis symptoms worsen, or you have had knee surgery (within the last six months), consult with your doctor before reusing Revitive.
Do not use the Thigh (Electrode) Pads on your head, face, neck or chest
Do not apply foot-pads or Thigh (Electrode) Pads directly:
• on open wounds or rashes, swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (such as phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, cellulitis).
• on or close to, malignant tumours.
• on areas treated with radiotherapy (within the past 6 months).
• on reproductive organs.
Thigh (Electrode) Pads are for single person use only. Do not share Thigh Pads with others
Do not use Thigh (Electrode) Pads in conjunction with a brace or cast without first consulting with your doctor.
Do not use Thigh (Electrode) Pads after their use by date
There is a chance you may experience skin irritation or burns beneath the Thigh (Electrode) Pads or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation.
When using the foot-pads it can be helpful to apply moisturiser if the skin on the feet is very dry. Ensure that balm/gel/moisturiser is evenly applied and thoroughly absorbed into the skin before applying stimulation. There is a chance that uneven application of a balm/gel/moisturiser could increase the risk of skin irritation or burn, when using the electrical stimulation.
Symptoms may worsen during the initial treatment phase before getting better. This may occur if the body has not yet adjusted to increased muscular activity and blood circulation. If this occurs, reduce the intensity and the duration of treatment which will reduce the initial symptoms. If symptoms persist consult with your doctor.
Be careful when applying stimulation:
• over areas of skin that lack normal sensation (eg following injections around the knee). It may cause skin irritation due to the inability to feel stimulation until the intensity is too high - use a low intensity to achieve a gentle muscle contraction, and/or use for a shorter time, to avoid overstimulation. Check for signs of skin irritation (redness), bruising or pain. If in doubt consult your doctor
• over the abdomen during menstruation
• after recent surgical procedures (within the last six months) as stimulation may disrupt your healing process
• if your tissues are likely to bleed following an injury such as a muscle tear - it is recommended not to stimulate the immediate area within the first 12 hours after sustaining the injury. Use a low intensity and/or shorter time to avoid over-stimulation
• after a long period of immobility or inactivity – use a low intensity and shorter time to avoid overstimulation or muscle fatigue. Look for signs of skin irritation (redness), bruising or pain. If in doubt, consult your doctor
• The long-term effects of electrical stimulation are unknown
• This product is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety
• Do not stand on the machine. Use only when sitting down
• Use the device only for its intended purpose
• Do not expose the device to extreme heat
• Do not spill liquid on the device or its accessories
• Do not overload the electrical outlet
• Keep out of the reach of children
• Revitive may be used by multiple persons. Ensure the device is cleaned after each use
• Use Revitive only with the accessories supplied by, or purchased from, the manufacturer
• Check Thigh (Electrode) Pad cords and cables periodically for damage
• Do not open Revitive or repair it yourself. This will invalidate your warranty and may cause serious harm
• In the unlikely event your Revitive malfunctions, disconnect it from the power source and contact your nearest authorised agent
• With the increased number of electronic devices such as personal computers and mobile (cellular) telephones, medical devices may be susceptible to electromagnetic interference from other devices. While the Revitive has passed the required tests for Electromagnetic interference (EMI), it may still be affected by excessive emissions and/or may interfere with more sensitive equipment
• It has been reported that some universal remote control devices (eg for TV etc) can change the settings on Revitive if used during treatment. If this should occur, simply adjust the time or intensity settings on Revitive back to where you want them to be using the Revitive Remote Control, or using the device Control Panel.
• After any exposure to hot or cold temperatures outside the specified operating range of 10 – 40°C allow the product to re-adjust to the recommended operating temperatures to ensure continued product performance.
If you experience adverse reactions, stop using Revitive Osteoarthritis-Knee and consult with your doctor.